Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Honeymoon...Day 7... CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

Christmas, one of the most anticipated days in the year, is finally here. We anticipate the Christmas Season because it is a time to be with family, to reflect on the past year, to receive lots of wonderful gifts, and to celebrate the birth of our wonderful savior. This year Christmas to me is more than just these wonderful things. This year I have so much more to be thankful for and to celebrate as I have finally found joy that knows no limits. I have found and married my one true love and with it God has opened another chapter of life, closing doors of the past, and presenting a future bright with hope and peace. If I were to take time to reminisce about the past, about past failures, and past hurt my eyes would be filled with tears and this post would be indefinite in length. It will suffice to say that God leads and directs our paths even when we don’t understand and are certain he has lost us along the way. The Bible says it best, “all things work together for good to them that love God and are the called according to his purpose”. And I will say this, if the past hurts and trials led me and my family to Tulsa where I found my wonderful husband then it was well worth my every tear, every sleepless night, and every hurt feeling. So at the close of my first Christmas as a married woman, I can’t help but give an emotional thank you to God for all those hard times for in it he brought a wonderful man into my life for me to call husband. With all my heart I wish all my friends and family the most wonderful Christmas. With LOVE!!! CHANTELLE RODGERS :)

Here is our Christmas dessert. Austin's only request was that he got one without the top already eaten off. Four down, eight to go, I think I might be able to eat them all by tonight :)

Let's just say that all those houses you see on the board belong to me. I beat Austin soundly!!!!!


We spent the day on the beach and finally decided to stick our toes in the sand. We ended up getting more wet than we anticipated.







Here is Austin's charcoal... we are getting ready to cook our Christmas meal!!!

Our Christmas meal: Steak Sirloin, REAL mashed potatoes, and broccoli, topped off with chocolate chip cookies and more chocolate cupcakes :) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have discovered something I did not know about Austin before… he talks in his sleep. Last night he woke me up saying “when it comes right down to it, we’ll just call to check availability”. That would be a thank you to you Bro. Cheek.

6 comments:

*Cheriece* said...

Congratulations on your marriage! Sounds like you guys are having an exciting time in Florida! What is the temperature like? Your beach pictures look a little "breezy" to say the least. Ha ha!

Much Love...
-Karen C. Riley

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I could make such a positive contribution to your new marriage!! :-) lol

Love ya'll!!
SCheek

Matt Rodgers said...

Brother & new sis,
I'm so happy to see that you've both made it through the first week without any casualties! ;) I love you both and can't wait to have you back where you belong, TULSA! :)
Happy New Year!
Matt

ausNchan said...

Hey Karen!! It is in the 50's and 60's in destin. It would be almost perfect weather if not for the wind. We are headed to Orlando now and it is supposed to get in the 60's and the 70's. Oh hallelujah!!!! Thanks for the invite to your blog!

Matt-
miss you too :)

rbrtsmith01 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rbrtsmith01 said...

Hope you had a Very Merry Christmas